Clutch release arms worn out
RTRAC05 

My apologies for writing in english, but my german abilities ar quite bad....

So my MB trac 700K project are coming along. Engine swap for OM314 to OM352a.
I just discovered that the clutch release arms are totally worn out and I need some new ones or some in decent shape.
In Norway they are not for sale by dealer as "loose items". I have to buy the complete assembly and the price is horribly expensive.
Anyone knows a solution for this?
Used or new release arms for 280 mm dual clutch? Anyone?

The clutch plates and releasebearings looks like new....so this is probably result of previous owner driving with his foot on the clutchpedal all the time until the releasebearing seized and started to wear out the release arms.....

Hi Tomisto,

you can buy the clutch as replacement part from Fichtel&Sachs or LUK, it will be cheaper than the original Mercedes spare part.
As far as I know you can´t buy the clutch arms as loose parts.
Maybe you go and search for a used clutch? Sometimes there are a few on ebay.de ...
Engine swap from OM 314 to OM 352A sounds interesting, could you give us some pictures of your "modification"? Smile
Are you going to extend the original frame?

Regards

Christoph

Hi Christoph.

Yes you found out apprx the same as myself, the arms are not loose items. Prices in Norway for a OEM clutch is high and LUK dealer is 10% lower in Norway....meaning I could not find it cheaper than apprx 1500 EUR...!

I have come to that if no one knows about these arms as loose items, I will just make new ones myself or repair the old ones.

I will make a full report with description and pictures and release when I am done with the engine swap.
I am not planning to extend the frame and I hope I can avoid moving the hydraulic oiltank as well. Not sure about this yet, but will give it a try.
In short, here is a brief overwiew of "to do":
-The orginal radiator fan has to go and the original airfilter as well.
-Moving the radiator fwd and add electric fan in the front of radiator will hopefully give enough space for the hydraulic pumps.
-New brackets, custom made for hydraulic pumps.
-New engine front support bracket, custom made(maybe I can use one from the MB trac 1000 an slightly modify it. Not sure about what to do yet.)
-The oil pan needs to be modified to suit the front axle bellhousing
- Modify the oilfilter bracket to fit the oilfilter above the main frame.
- Custom fit of new exhaust pipe.

And for sure there is something more which i forgot mention ;-)

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema / Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
Letzter Beitrag von lisnik
01.04.2015, 23:19
Letzter Beitrag von Cliffde
13.01.2012, 01:04

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste