Gearbox type MB Trac 800

Hello,
I have been watching the forum for a couple of years since I bought my MB Trac 800 here in Scotland.

I have two queries over the gearbox. The first relates to wether it is a UG2/27 or a UG2/30. The model year is 1982 or 1983. The gear selectors are in the middle which immediately makes me believe the gearbox is a UG2/27 however there are only 2 leavers, 1 for the main selection (4) and a combined High/low/reverse lever. Also the MB Trac has an air splitter slide on the main lever to give the intermediate gears. This makes me think it may be a UG2/30 like the MB Trac 900 had.
Can any one advise.

The second question is I have the opportunity to purchase a 1986 MB Trac 800 forward control sprayer. I would like to make it into a fast road towing vehicle wit 20" unimog wheels. Obviously the smaller wheels would significantly reduce the top speed. How can I regain the top speed with the smaller wheels, differential, portal gearing or gearbox modifications.

Many thanks in advance
Hamish
ZTRAC15 

Hallo,
Ich beobachte das Forum für ein paar Jahre her, seit ich kaufte meine MB Trac 800 hier in Schottland .

Ich habe zwei Abfragen über das Getriebe. Die erste betrifft , ob es ein UG2/27 oder UG2/30 . Das Modelljahr ist 1982 oder 1983 . Die Getriebe -Selektoren sind in der Mitte , die sofort macht mich glauben, dass das Getriebe ist ein UG2/27 aber es gibt nur 2 Flüchtlinge, 1 für die Hauptauswahl (4) und einem kombinierten Hoch / niedrig / Rückwärtsfahrhebel . Auch die MB Trac hat einen LuftteilerFolie auf dem Haupthebel , um die Zwischenräder zu geben. Das macht mich denke, es kann eine UG2/30 wie der MB Trac 900 hatte sein .
Kann jemand zu beraten.

Die zweite Frage ist, ich habe die Möglichkeit, einen 1986 MB Trac 800 Teuerung Spritze kaufen. Ich möchte es in eine Schnellstraße Zugfahrzeug Witz machen 20 " unimog Rädern. Offensichtlich sind die kleineren Rädern erheblich die Höchstgeschwindigkeit zu reduzieren. Wie kann ich wieder die Höchstgeschwindigkeit mit den kleineren Rädern , Differential, Getriebe oder Getriebe Portal Modifikationen .

Vielen Dank im Voraus
Hamish
Google Translate for Business:Translator ToolkitWebsite TranslatorGlobal Market Finder
Smile

Hi.
Welcome to this forum. Where are you from in Scotland? Sorry, I can´t help you with your problems... But, take a picture of the ident number or write it down in the forum, so maybe someone can check out the model year and the gear box type of your trac...

Greetings from South Germany
Bernd

ps: Sorry, my English is not the best. 13 years out of school;-)...

Dieser Beitrag wurde von keinem I-Phone gesendet.

Hello Hamish,

1. Do you have the chassis nr. on the MBtrac 800?

2. I'm not sure about the 800 - 86 model, but the gearbox on the MBtrac 1000 you can change the drive shafts and some other parts in the split-box to get more speed.

This will cost you a lot of money and work because you need to disassemble the gearbox.

Why do you want to change to 20" wheels? If you have a sprayer with 1000 - 1500 lt. tank you'll need at least 24", or bigger wheels.Smile

Greetings from Norway,
Haavard.Wink

Mercedes-Benz, The Star...

Hi,

Thanks for your responses.

The MB Trac 800 Chassis Number is 440.163.00091950 I would like to know which gearbox this Trac has.

I am in South West Scotland - Ayrshire. The Trac is used mainly for firewood. We have a timber trailer with hiab and tractor mounted splitter.

We have bought a second MB Trac Forward control sprayer 1986 model. We plan to move the cab back to tractor position and make a fast road towing vehicle with it. There will be no 3 point linkage and we plan to put have 20" wheels - so really like a unimog hence the desire to make it go a bit faster if possible.

Cheers from Scotland

Hamish

PS Spent many happy years in Sennelager during my time in the Army.Smile

Hello Hamish,

According to the data card you got a UG 2/27-7/11,26 GA Gearbox.

If I knew how to create a pdf-file I would post the data card here on the forum..Rolleyes

Greetings,
Haavard.Wink

Angehängte Dateien Thumbnail(s)

Mercedes-Benz, The Star...

Möglicherweise verwandte Themen…
Thema / Verfasser Antworten Ansichten Letzter Beitrag
Letzter Beitrag von one of a kind
14.10.2015, 11:53
Letzter Beitrag von MB-trac-AMG
21.10.2011, 19:41

Gehe zu:

Benutzer, die gerade dieses Thema anschauen: 1 Gast/Gäste